Fall Youth Retreat
Thank you for your interest in our Youth Retreat at Camp Akita! We are excited for you to join us for this fun weekend of play and relaxation at the place we all call home. Please review this important information regarding the retreat.
Important Dates and Times
Date October 25
Please arrive at First Community Church’s North Campus (3777 Dublin Rd., 43221) by 6 pm for check-in. Please enter through the main entrance. Check-in will take place in Unity Hall (outside Grace Hall). Make sure your child has already eaten dinner. We will load the buses and depart for Akita at 6:30 pm.
Everyone must fill out and bring our Statement of Understanding form to check-in. Please note that the form requires both a youth and a parent signature; if you are not dropping off your child, please make sure to fill the form out beforehand.
Date October 27
The bus will return to the North Campus at approximately 10:30 am and will park in the far end of the parking lot (furthest from Dublin Rd). Please note that worship services will be taking place at the North Campus from approximately 9–10 am and 11am-12pm.
Students have the option of staying at camp and meeting his/her family at Akita Fun Day. This must be indicated on the registration form. These students will remain at Akita to be with their families and will not board the bus to come home. They will leave Camp Akita with their families.
What to Bring
- Statement of Understanding form.
- Warm bedding for a twin-size bed. This can be a sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket. Don’t forget a pillow!
- Clothes to hike and run around outside, such as jeans and sweatshirts.
- Appropriate weather gear. Watch the weather forecasts and pack for rain and/or cold weather, as needed.
- Comfortable shoes for walking or hiking outside.
- Comfortable clothes for relaxing inside, such as sweatpants and slippers.
- A water bottle
- A flashlight or headlamp
- An outfit that can get messy and that you won’t wear the entire weekend (i.e.-shorts & t-shirt or sweatpants & t-shirt).
What NOT to Bring
- Drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Anything valuable that would cause dismay if it got dirty, lost, or broken
- A cell phone. Because we want campers to live in the moment and “be here now,” use of cell phones does not align with our philosophy. Don’t let Camp Akita become “cell phone camp”! Please leave your phone at home.
If there is an emergency and you need to contact us at Camp Akita please call or text the number below:
- Gabrielle Whitcomb, Youth Ministry Coordinator, at 614-619-0508
Gabrielle will return your call on a camp landline. If you do not reach a leader right away, please keep in mind our busy schedule and try back.
We are so excited to spend the weekend with you at Camp Akita! As always, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!
For more information, please contact Gabrielle Whitcomb. Youth Ministry Coordinator, or call 614.488.0681 ext. 103
Back to the Youth Ministry page.