Join us for the 2020 Garage Sale Friday, May 16 and Saturday, May 17.
The 25th Annual Mission Council Garage Sale will take place at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in the Burke Arena Building 4951 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, 43026 .
To schedule a large/furniture pickup, or if you are interested in volunteering to help with the event, please contact Beth Hanson at 614 488-6526. Volunteers are needed year-round, not just the week of the sale!
Schedule for the week
|Sun. May 10||12:00 -5:00 pm: Donation drop-offs begin at the fairgrounds in the Ganyard Bldg. and continue through Wed. at noon.|
|Mon. May 11||9:00 am – 9:00 pm: Donation drop-offs continue at Ganyard Building|
|Tue. May 12||9:00 am – 9:00 pm: Donation drop-offs continue, move to Arena Building|
|Wed. May 13||9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Donation drop-offs continue in Arena Building until noon.|
|Thu. May 14 &
Fri. May 15
|9:00am – 9:00pm: Sorting, organizing and pricing continue. Many volunteers needed.|
|Fri. May 15||6:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Friday Night Preview Sale for $3 admission. Prices are double what is marked.|
|Sat. May 16||9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Garage Sale. Free admission. Prices as marked.|
|Sat. May 16||4:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Clean up begins.|
|Sun. May 17 &
Mon. May 18
|10:00 am: Clean up continues until complete.|
- Past Beneficiaries Thank You
- 2017 vs 2018 Financial Report
- 2018 Garage Sale Earnings
- 2018 Map to Garage Sale at Fairgrounds
- Garage Sale 2019 flier
- Garage Sale 2019 Info Sheet
- Garage Sale Layout Map
You Can Help
The Garage Sale raises approximately $50,000 annually for the Mission Council and is our main source of income for Missions throughout the year. The Garage Sale would like to offset some of its expenses and if you or if you know someone that would be able to donate storage space or portable storage units please contact the Mission Office at 614 488.0681 x106 or Beth Hanson at 614 488-6526 who leads this great effort each year.
This event is not possible without the help of at least 340 volunteers. Become part of the team and part of the fun. Additional volunteer help is still needed throughout the week. Click the link for a list of Garage Sale Jobs that still need filled for the 2020 sale.
This year the youth department is taking over the Bake Sale/Concession Stand at the Annual Gigantic Garage Sale. Click here to view the Sign Up Genius.
All proceeds made will benefit our youth mission scholarship fund. Youth are encouraged to volunteer time to provide the bake sale with one of the following needs:
- Water Bottles
- Ice for coolers
- Baked Goods
- Hot Chocolate
- Your Time to work the bake sale
Click here to read the 2019 Volunteer Letter to Garage Sale Volunteers from chair, Beth Hanson.
Become a sponsor. Cover the cost of an item or service needed to run the event, or provide the service through your own company!
Contact event chair, Beth Hanson if you can donate labor, space, or equipment for the Garage Sale.
- Furniture: sofas, dressers, tables, chairs, dinette sets, coffee tables, bed frames, dressers, porch furniture
- Housewares: utensils, candles, baskets, pots and pans, plastic ware
- Glassware: glasses, dishes, bowls, mugs, ashtrays, vases, mirrors, pitchers
- Small Electronics/Appliances: radios, alarm clocks, toasters, lamps, flashlights, crock pots, vacuum cleaners, blenders, stereos, record/tape/CD players, office equipment
- Linens: blankets, towels, sheets and pillow cases, dish towels, table cloths, bedspreads, drapes, rugs (please indicate size of bed linens on packaging)
- Decorations: Knick-knacks, holiday items, wall hangings, figurines
- Office Supplies: photo albums, pens, notebooks, paper, files, desk accessories, stationery
- Media: books, magazines, books-on-tape, videos, record albums, tapes, CD’s, DVD’s, computer games
- Toys & Games: indoor & outdoor toys, board games, stuffed animals, dolls, action figures
- Art/Art Supplies: artwork, framed pictures, sculptures, ceramics, paint, blank canvases, frames
- Crafts Supplies: yarn, embroidery floss, cross stitch thread, fabric, unfinished projects, sewing machines
- Sporting Goods: helmets, sports bags, camping equipment, tents, bicycles, sleds, bats & balls, roller blades
- Tools & Gardening Equipment: building supplies, gardening tools, lawn mowers, hoses, sprinklers, bird houses, bird baths, lawn ornaments, rakes, shovels, chippers/shredders
- Plants: houseplants, seeds, starts, potting soil, flower pots, bulbs, perennials
- Pet Supplies: cages, carriers, beds, collars, leashes, food bowls, clothing, toys
- Baby Equipment: cribs, changing tables, strollers, high chairs, playpens
- Infants’ & Children’s Clothing: pants, tops, dresses, shoes, coats, hats, costumes
- Adult Clothing: must be clean, and prefer on hangers
- Accessories: hats, costume jewelry, scarves, shoes, purses
- Recyclable Precious Metal: broken jewelry, dental gold, etc.
- Valuables/Collectibles/Jewelry/Antiques: (There is a locked room for valuables of all kinds.)
We ask that your items be clean and in working order. If the donation has numerous pieces, please bag or box them as a unit. We would like clothing to be on hangers. If your items are too big for you to transport, contact Beth Hanson at 614 488.6526 to arrange a pick-up.
Items we will not accept
- Sofa beds (unless in really good condition and on the first floor)
- Metal bed frames (unless with headboard)
- Office furniture: large metal desks, metal file cabinets (unless new)
- Particleboard furniture
- Large entertainment systems
- Pianos or organs (electronic keyboards are OK)
- Any damaged or unclean furniture
- Large appliances (stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- Computers and printers, unless brand new
- Typewriters (unless antiques)
- Microwaves (unless 2-3 years old)
- Console TV’s & console stereos
- Small TV’s, unless new
- Audio and Video cassette tapes
- Baby car seats
- Baby cribs with slats more than 2 3/8 inches apart
- Swing sets
- Exercise bicycles and equipment, unless really new
- Gas grills, unless new
- Skis & ski boots
- Cans of paint
- Artificial Christmas trees and wreathes
- Mini-blinds, roll up shades
- Coffee Mugs with advertising
- Old textbooks
- National Geographic Magazines
- Used aquariums
- Men’s suits
Questions? Please contact the Mission Office 614 488.0681 x106