Food Pantry Volunteer
Heart to Heart food pantry, 1944 West 1st Ave. Columbus, OH 43212
Tue/Thu 8:00am-10:45am, 10:30am – 1:15pm, 1:00pm-3:15pm
Help clients with check-in, shopping, getting to their cars, or in the waiting area. You may also help to restock shelves as needed. The last shift is for close and cleanup which includes helping the last of the clients, prepping pantry for the next day and light cleaning.
Regular Stocking Hours
Monday 8:30 – 10:30 am
Wednesday 3 – 4:30 pm
Help to unload and unbox food, stock shelves, sort produce. Older youth needing service hours are welcome. Please contact volunteer Melody Smiley if you’re interested in learning more.
Unpack and Snack
During this shift, volunteers unload and stock direct retail pickups from the morning, then sit down and share fellowship over lunch.
Direct Retail Pickups
Mon-Fri, hours vary
If you’re interested in helping us obtain donations directly from a variety of retailers, please contact volunteer Doug Graham.
Monday and Wednesday mornings
Please contact director Lamar Graham to get started. We will work to get you trained to comfortably drive the truck for pickups.
Edison Intermediate/ Larson Middle School Cafeteria 1240 Oakland Ave. Columbus, OH 43212
School days, Mon-Thu 12:25pm
A volunteer from Heart to Heart will arrive at the main office by 12:25, sign in, walk to cafeteria to collect donations (transport goods back to the pantry in a plastic grocery bag that will be provided in box), then sign out at the main office. Please contact Community Action Team (C.A.T.) teacher Sara Hager with questions.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals) and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Adults 18 and over may assist anywhere in the pantry.
- Graduated 8th graders and older minors may volunteer without accompaniment by an adult, if they bring a signed waiver form.
- Current 6th-8th graders may volunteer if accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Contact the director to make special arrangements for school-aged children that wish to help in the pantry. We will do the best we can to accommodate your request.
- Please leave children 5 and younger at home.
Questions? Contact the Mission Office 614 488-0681 x106