First Community Church traces its roots to 1910, when it was established as Grandview Heights Congregational Church. The first church building, now known as Lincoln Road Chapel, was dedicated in 1911. The congregation expanded in 1926 when a larger church building was constructed at 1320 Cambridge Boulevard, now called the South Campus.
In the early 1990s, responding to growth in northwestern Columbus and the needs of members who live in that area, the congregation constructed a second church building called the North Campus located at 3777 Dublin Road.
From the beginning, our church has sought to combine two missions – creating a place of worship for all persons, regardless of their religious background, and serving the community. Those guiding principles remain conerstones of our church’s foundation.
We are a congregation of people from a wide variety of denominational backgrounds, and are affiliated with two denominations, the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).