Habitat for Humanity MidOhio
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity-MidOhio brings people together to INSPIRE hope, BUILD homes, EMPOWER families, and DEVELOP communities.
First Community Church is a member of an Adopt-a-House regional partnership of Habitat for Humanity MidOhio. First Community Church is one of the oldest churches in this partnership, participating in over 100 builds since its inception. The Northwest Partnership works with other area churches to sponsor an whole house build for a total cost of $57,500. The other churches in our partnership are:
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
- Northwest Christian Church
- Riverside United Methodist Church
- St. Agatha Catholic Church
- St. Andrew Catholic Church
- St. Mark Episcopal Church
- Upper Arlington Lutheran Church
Arica Williams, 1756 S. 6th Street, Columbus, 43207
Arica and her son Craig, 5 are anxious to leave behind their one bedroom living conditions and move into their new Habitat house at the end of this year. Arica moved into her mother’s house a few months ago to help care for her after an extended illness and she is ready to start fresh and provide a safe home for her son.
Arica is an extremely hard worker; she has been employed at Kroger for over eight years and is finishing up an AmeriCorps assignment at a local property management company. In between working two jobs and caring for her son, Arica enjoys spending time with family and playing games with Craig.
When asked what she is most looking forward too, Arica responded, “Making my family proud. I like to set goals and accomplish them and I have been eager to be a homeowner for many years!”
We will be building a Rachel model home at 1756 S Sixth St. This model is a 2-story house with 4 bedrooms. This site is 1 block north and 1 block east of our 2015 home. We expect to begin building early in July. We will be partnering with Mifflin Presbyterian again and we will be sponsoring several women build days. We will not be working Saturday, August 5th.
Weekly Build Updates
Sign Up to Volunteer at the site:
For other opportunities with Habitat for Humanity, log on to the volunteer hub at: http://volunteer.habitatmidohio.org or call the Volunteer Department at 614-419-2403!
Other Ways to Help:
- Learn more about the Interfaith Advisory Committee by contacting Phil Washburn.
- If you cannot volunteer to help build, consider contributing financially. You can give directly to Habitat MidOhio on their website.
- You can give during our annual Special Offering. In 2015, the May 10th special offering raised $2,298 to be contributed to the Northwest Partnership’s annual commitment. We thank the congregation for their overwhelming support of this ministry!
- You can shop at the ReStore for your next remodeling or redecorating project!
- Donate a vehicle through the Cars for Homes program.
Past Build Final Construction Updates
For more information, please contact the Mission Office 614 488.0681 x106