DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS: First Community Church
Reports to Executive Minister
First Community Church (FCC) is seeking a seasoned communications professional who brings creativity, experience and technical skill to a large, multi-campus church. This individual will be responsible for implementing/managing all communication activities, both internal and external for FCC. The Director of Communications will function in a leadership role with a complex organization; the ability to transform knowledge into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the most effective distribution channels is critical.
The ideal candidate is one who can ably manage the activities of both paid staff and volunteers. This person will be knowledgeable in the use of social media and both traditional and emerging media to spread the mission of the church to current and future members, as well as the community at large. The Director of Communications will lead the creation/generation of content that engages internal and external audiences, as well leading donor communications. The individual will work closely with the Senior Minister, Executive Minister and Director of Stewardship.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with church staff, members and participants, and the larger community.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral materials including, but not limited to, firstnews newspaper and firstnews Sunday publications, First Edition TV program, social media platforms and all FCC website properties including FCchurch.com, GlenMiles.org and Firstnews-Extra.com, podcasts.
- Coordinate maintenance of online platforms to ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories and event schedules) is posted regularly.
- Manage work of technical director, audio technicians and all media volunteers.
- Manage work of graphic designer and administrative assistant.
- Develop traditional and online marketing tools for all fee-based services, such as the Mary Evans Child Development Center, Camp Akita and the Burkhart Center.
- Research, identify, develop and implement strategies with the Program Staff that will increase membership and participation.
We are seeking an accomplished Director of Communications with at least five years of communications experience, preferably in the non-profit sector. A Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations is preferred.
Specific requirements include:
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Collaborative style, a relationship builder
- Multi-tasker who is able to manage a variety of initiatives and responsibilities simultaneously and who is able to work to deadlines
- Ability to create and implement new initiatives, particularly those that generate awareness of FCC outside its membership
- Leadership abilities to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and follow through on activities with minimal direction
Salary/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand. The ability to be onsite on Sunday mornings is preferred.
The salary range is $65-75,000/year plus benefits.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to point, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Deborah Lindsay, Executive Minister
The Mary Evans Child Development Center is looking for part time teachers. You will decide which hours work with your schedule. You will work in a classroom with a team of two other full-time teachers. This high-quality child care center is a wonderful environment for teachers and children.
Leigh Anne Easterling
Director of Early Childhood Ministries and Mary Evans Child Development Center
3777 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio 43221
Phone: (614) 777-4099 x1