Each year our K-8 youth collect food items for Thanksgiving food baskets for 30 families connected to us through Gladden Community House. We collect specific food items for four weeks leading up to Thanksgiving to fill the baskets. We deliver 30 complete Thanksgiving meals to Gladden Community House, who then distributes them to families in need.
Here’s how you can help:
- Pick up some of the items listed below!
- Sign-up to donate a turkey and roasting pan!
- Volunteer to deliver the baskets at Gladden Community House on Nov. 21 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Monetary donations are always helpful to pay for the perishable items and spices. The K-8 Sunday morning offering will be used to buy these items, this is an important time of year for youth to remember to bring their offering to church.
- Canned Green Beans
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Stuffing Mix (box or bag)
- Fried Onions
- Egg Noodles
- Cranberry Sauce
- Broth (Chicken or Turkey)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Fresh Baking Potatoes
- 30 turkeys and aluminum roasting pans are also needed.
Please bring non-perishable food donations to Sunday school/Crossroads/Midweek Missions no later than Tuesday, November 8.
Turkeys should be brought to North Campus on Sunday, November 20, or Monday, November 21, before noon.
Watch the video below to see the kids in action!
For more information, contact Julie Richards at 614.488.0681 ext. 116
Here are some photos from the assembly and delivery day in 2013!
Click on any photo to enlarge.